Sunday, June 6, 2010

fire breathing dragons

(picture borrowed from somewhere on the web)
Earlier in the week Chamberlain, at bath time, asked me where hot water comes from.
So as any good mom would do, I told him.  I opened up the closet door that stores our water heater and explained to him that we have a fire breathing dragon that lives in our water heater. 
(our fire breathing dragon lives in here)
When we need hot water he gladly heats it up for us.  I borrowed the thought from this great book.  He shortly went to bed and I completely forgot about it.  However, the next morning he woke up early and while Josh was in the shower told him exactly where we get out hot water.  Pretty much every day since, when we turn on the hot water he shouts, "MOM OUR FIRE BREATHING DRAGON IS WORKING."  He gets so excited. He has had so many questions and we have had to look online for pictures of fire breathing dragons.  There are all different shapes and sizes of fire breathing dragons.   We have even called Hudson and sent him a picture of our fire breathing dragon.  We also had to call Grandma and Grandpa Chamberlain and tell them about our dragon as well.  
I love how wild his imagination is.  
So of course I have introduced him to other Monsters of the household variety.
Now when he goes over to peoples house's he ask where their fire breathing dragon lives and what does it look like.  
I love being Chamberlain's mom.

0 comments: