Wednesday, September 12, 2012

a day at our favorite lake

I cant believe its already September and that last weekend was the first time we have been to Lake Powell this entire summer. I guess having a baby the last week in June didn't help in our water activities this summer.
However, September, is in my book one of the BEST months to visit our favorite lake, for two reasons;
1. The water is warm. We are talking like 80+ degrees
&
2. You have the lake pretty much to yourself. In other words there are a handful of people compared to the millions of people in the middle of summer. 

We went with my parents out to spend the day at Lone Rock Beach and check out Antelope Marina which is beautiful. I might add Mr. Burgess, that I would like to go on an afternoon date with you to the floating restaurant on the lake. It looks very yummy and what could be better than eating on our favorite lake with no kids!

I also wanted to take the kids to Horseshoe Bend which is like a few miles south of the dam and a quick walk from the road is the edge of the cliff and its beautiful...Chamberlain quickly changed my mind when we were walking across the bridge and he said; "Mom I get really dizzy when I look over the edge." Then I noticed his body start to sway back and forth and then I thought maybe its not such a good idea to take the kids to a 300ft. ledge. 

I love living so close to the Lake and I think Josh does as well since he is determined if we live this close to two lakes (Sand Hallow, and Lake Powell) to get a boat. I certainly agree.
The sooner the better. 

Chamberlain,
Im so proud of you! You swam to the buoys twice. Which in my book is totally awesome since I think the buoys have a creepy feeling and it was a long swim from the shore. 
Great Job!








 Harrison loved being outside the entire day and was the perfect baby the whole trip, he loved looking around at everything and was all smiles. 
Our campsite for the day. 
It looks as if we have the lake all to ourselves.


 Our mini Burgess lake on the lake
Perfect babysitter while we played in the water.


0 comments: