Siri!
I have been visualizing/dreaming/thinking about the first time taking you to get your hair cut.
I envisioned us going to a salon just the two of us and chopping trimming your hair.
I hoped it would be a fun experience since you like to watch yourself in the mirror when I do your hair. One that we could enjoy together for years and years to come.
Well, Ms. Siri, just a few days ago you at 2.5 years old chopped sections chunks out of your hair.
Daddy and I were folding clothes in our room while Harrison was sleeping and Chamberlain was at the neighbors, when we both realized it was a little too quiet in the house. Dad went on the hunt and we found you tucked into the corner or the dishwasher and the sink with my scissors, and layers of hair all over the rug and your cardi.
It was hard not to laugh.
I didn't even know you knew what scissors were for. We rarely use them and especially not on our hair.
I took you into the bathroom to inspect the damage.
Fortunately you really cant tell much where all the chopping occured. I must say you did a great job on trimming your long bangs to just above the eyebrow.
I thought the stage of you cutting your own hair would happen when you were like 5 or 6, not 2.5.
I remember the day I cut your Aunt Shelbie's hair. I even remember having her sit on a stool in our room while I chopped away like I had seen Aunt Suzie do hundreds of times before. I chopped chopped chopped till my mom walked in. She was not happy.
Siri I love that you always keep us on our toes!
I was a little upset but not for long. How could I stay mad with a face like that.
Love ya Ms. Siri.


0 comments:
Post a Comment