There are so many Things we/I have to be Grateful for this Thanksgiving season.
We had our Thanksgiving Feast with the Claybaughs whom I have grown to love so much!
Judy is the best she really is, and that goes for all of the family members. It really is a treat to sit and chat with each one. We ate at their church building which was great we had room to move, visit and play. We ate in the Primary room which I found fitting with all of the quotes on the chalk board and all of the pictures of Christ around the room. It really had a neat feeling. We started out with a Thanksgiving Turkey (pumpkin) in which before we could eat we had to grab a feather and put it in the pumpkin before we could fill our plates. It was fun to hear what the children were thankful for, Chamberlain thankful for Siri, and Dave was thankful for celebrating the holiday in the states. What a treat for us to have Dave.
Not only was it Thanksgiving but it was Judy's Birthday. What a great birthday I think to celebrate a day of Thanks with the people you love. John called on her to bless the food. In the prayer she mentioned Tim and Shelbie and their brown boys, I may or may not, have shed a few tears at that point. Being with the Claybaugh family is warm and welcoming I really do enjoy the time we get to spend with them. However, it really makes me miss my sister and her little family.
The food was delish and the company was super. One of my favorite moments was when Clay and Chamberlain had finished their meal and started to "play" at the pulpit. They were practicing giving talks which was so sweet. Pretty soon all of the kids 6 and under were in line waiting to give their talks. They played like this for a while. Once we ate as much food as we could we headed to the gym to play play play, from throwing footballs, to basketball, to movies, to Karaoke, and the fun game Whoonu. Siri slept most of the day the only picture I got of her was in her car seat she fell asleep at 2 and slept till 6.
Oh and I can't for get about the Pilgrim Hats. I made these delightful hats all night last night. They made me giggle quite a lot. I thought for sure the children would love them I mean who wouldn't love these tasty sugary goodness. Whats not to like about a marshmallow dipped in chocolate sitting atop a fudge striped cookie. During the dinner the kids didn't really take to them. I got a little sad I mean I loved my Marshmallow Pilgrim Hats, they were soo cute. Have no fear, 4 hours later after all the games and goodness, the children flocked to them. I only had 4 left.
I am grateful for
my savior, my eternal companion, my beautiful healthy children, my family (mom dad brothers sisters aunts uncles in-laws you get the rest), Claybaughs for their generosity, for the Pilgrims determination to find a land where they could have religious freedom, and the Macy's day parade what can I say its tradition in my family to watch it every Thanksgiving.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
PS. Dave dunked it for all the little kids and they went cRaZy.... and both Joshua and David are braving the black Friday crowds to get us some good loot! Good luck guys.





1 comments:
You are awesome. I LOVED having you guys there. You need to come around more often! Thanks for bringing yummy food, too! Next time we want to try those twix bars.
Post a Comment