Wednesday, December 15, 2010

feels like a snowy man day

 is what Chamberlain said to me today while playing in the snow this morning.  This was our first snow angel and snowman of the season.  We played and played and played, until I literally couldn't feel my fingers anymore. I can't find my gloves, anywhere! I have looked high and low.  What parents do to see our kids experience joy. My hands were so numb, I wanted to give up and go inside before we even finished the first layer of Scooter (this is what Chamberlain decided to name him) the snowman.  I endured snow ball fights, shoveling the driveway along with the neighbors walkways all for this little boy to have a smile on his face.  I think my hands are still "unthawing" as I type this some 5+ hours later.



 Meet Scooter he has: clementines for eyes, a carrot nose, branches for arms, later we added branch eyebrows, and rocks for teeth and buttons.  Chamberlain decided he wanted to put him under our apple tree since Snowmen like the shade.  I think he looks more like a snow monster than a snowman, but hey, Chamberlain was proud of him.

Its also Uncle Tanners birthday today. 
We took him out to lunch to celebrate, in-between his finals, and then Siri, Chamberlain, and I finished up most of our Holiday shopping. By the time we got home Chamberlain fell asleep and slept till 5:30, I repeat 5:30! He hasn't napped since July!  On the other hand Siri wanted to play.  When Chamberlain woke up Josh was home and he wanted to show him Scooter our Snowman. 

Lets just say I feel a little like scooter tonight. I cant wait to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Chanell said...

Ashleigh- you are an awesome mom. I usually watch my kids play in the snow out the window. I am a wimp.

Smiths said...

I'm with Chanell R. It's just too much work, and we usually run right back in the house. You're a fun Mommy.