I forget how much I love unplanned road trips. During my college years it seemed most of my spring (well after basketball tournaments and finals were over) every weekend I took a road trip with friends all throughout the West. I think my favorite ones were trips to Disneyland and the beach. I miss being so spontaneous like that or maybe its just harder to to be spontaneous with a baby and a 4 year old.
This past Easter weekend brought back those memories when my brother Tanner and I decided to take a quick road trip home. Tanner had great music which never got old and we could sing along we sounded so awesome, wink wink. We talked of old times and of new times, and also what kind of ladies he is interested in dating. Clearly he wants a girl who will live in a small town, at least I think thats what I got from our conversation. Anyway, I enjoyed spending that time with Tanner. Although I missed my husband it was fun to be in the warm sun, with those red cliffs, and see my family and did I mention the warm sun.
Chamberlain was also excited since Shelbie and Tim met us there. He and Hudson played from the time the sun came up till late in the evening. I think the best part about Shelbie and Tim living so far away is that when we get together Chamberlain and Hudson dont waste anytime fighting or arguing they just play, play, play. And for the most part they are sweet and kind to each other.
best sandbox ever!



0 comments:
Post a Comment