Monday, September 5, 2011

sometimes I wonder what was I thinking?

Sometimes I get this crazy itch to re-do, re-finish or re-arrange something in my humble thrift shop abode.  And this itch bugs me and bugs me while I dream and when I am awake I am constantly thinking about what spontaneous thought I have whirling around in my head. And FINALLY when I have a spare moment, I quickly tackle that thought that keeps bugging me. Sometimes it turns out lovely and I get the thrill and sweet pleasure every time I look at the item and then there are projects that were better in my head than in actual life or at least in my life. 

Take my black Headboard for instance. 
I am not a huge fan of black well I am just not right now at the moment but I'm sure when we move again I will most likely will be (depending on the wall color).
I had the brilliant idea to add some color to our room by painting it a Emerald Green like the color in the duvet. I just knew it was going to look amazing and feel so inviting.
However, I think I was wrong and I am still trying to talk myself into liking it. 
Oh well, it was a few dollars and I quite frankly am not attached to it. 
I guess you get to decide if you like it or not.
I also forgot to take a before picture of the headboard so these will have to do. 

Before
See basic black headboard nothing special. 
Now for the afters. 
 


I think if I had crisp white walls it would have been exactly what I had pictured in my head. 
But I guess I can always paint it black again, but I think for now I am going convince myself into liking it. 

Now for the wall above our washer and dryer which is located in the our kitchen. 
Here are the before's.



 Wasted space in a small house! 
I needed shelves I tell you!
And now for the after.

Pardon the blurryness due to the picture quality from my cell phone.
I only have this one picture that I sent to my mother. 
I get so impatient sometimes when I do these projects.
Like wanting these make shift shelves on the wall so badly that I skipped putting in drywall screws.
Well for a week they looked so good, held all my recipe books,  art and much more pretty eye candy things.  And then one morning after our run Josh came in the door and shut it and all the shelves and all the glass  went tumbling down to the ground. 
Turquoise glass went EVERYWHERE! 
It took us about an hour to clean up.
I hope I've learned my lesson that drywall screws do have a purpose. 

3 comments:

Tim, Shelbie, Hudson, Lex and Navy J said...

I love the headboard! I think it looks really great, you are such a thrifty gal.

Sandi Burgess Biz Blog said...

I always love your color choices. Come decorate my Christmas trees this year :-) Also - send me Chamberlain and I's picture in the covered wagon. I'm blogging today. dxo

K Worthington said...

That sounds very familiar! Sometimes I can't sleep because I'm so excited about starting a project or planning a party. I end up filling my notepad full of ideas and notes very late at night. I love the shelves! Your house looks very amazing!